Masala Egg Bhurji, also known as Anda Bhurji is the spiced Indian version of scrambled eggs. Packed with the right amount of flavor and spice, this recipe is easy to make, healthy, and tastes delicious. The Egg Bhurji Recipe requires minimal ingredients that you will always have in the house and so you will get hooked to making it any time.
This authentic recipe of spicy egg bhurji has the basic ingredients of onions, tomatoes, green chili, and spices. You can also add other veggies like bell peppers, peas, and mushrooms to make it more flavorful and healthy.
Quite famous in all regions of India, this delicious Indian scrambled egg recipe is just perfect for any meal of the day! It goes well with roti or paratha. Egg Bhurji is also a popular breakfast option in India that can be served with toasted bread (pav).
Recipe Ingredients & Cooking Process
Note: You can change the Servings count below to get updated ingredient quantities.
Masala Egg Bhurji
- 3 no. Eggs
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 cup Onions (chopped finely)
- 1/4 cup Tomato (deseeded & chopped finely)
- 2 no. Green chilli (chopped finely)
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Pepper Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- Salt – as needed
Making of Egg Bhurji
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan or kadhai.
- Once the oil is hot enough, add onions, and chopped green chilli. Sprinkle some salt and sauté until the onions are translucent.
- Then add curry leaves, chopped tomatoes and turmeric. Cover & cook fry for 2-3 minutes until tomatoes turn soft.
- Open the lid and add red chilli powder, pepper powder, and coriander powder. Stir well & cook until the masalas smell good.
- Break the eggs carefully into the pan. Cover & cook it for 1-2 minutes.
- Turn the eggs and fry for 1 minute by covering with the lid.
- Open the lid & stirring the eggs vigorously until the bigger clumps of egg apart.
- Check the salt, spices, and adjust as needed. Fry for 2-3 minutes till the egg chunks are completely cooked and turn little brown in color.
- Add coriander leaves, stir and switch off the flame.
- Serve hot with lightly toasted bread, roti or paratha.
- Always add coriander leaves at the end to retain the fresh flavor of the coriander leaves in your meal.
- You can add capsicum, green peas or mushrooms to vary the taste of these scrambled eggs.